Saturday, 24th of March, one hour, one planet, one message. Let’s stand together!
We invite you to turn off all your lights to raise awareness about climate change
Join our mission as we shut down for an hour from 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm.
But wait, what is Earth Hour?
Earth Hour is a global grassroots movement started by the World Wide Fund (WWF), that encourages individuals, businesses and governments around the world to take positive action by turning off their lights for a designated 60-minute period to show and create awareness about climate change.
1) Lately, we are so dependant on keeping our switches on, we might not know what to do in that hour, so here are a few little ideas for you.
2) Go to the Kirstenbosch gardens, where participants will be challenged to navigate their way through the dark garden to find hidden checkpoints followed by a wonderful show by The Voice SA finalist Robin Pieters.
3) Stay at home and listen to some music over a glass of wine or a cup of tea with friends!
4) Get your amazing people together for a bonfire. When was the last time you told campfire stories or had a smore?
5) Also, the OUIBar + KTCHN at the Radisson Red is hosting a spectacular dinner in the dark with everything from oysters, bubbly, lamb and baked Alaska.
6) If you are staying at once, feel free to spend your hour downstairs for free drinks and fun chit chats with guests from all over!
Let us know what you guys will be getting up to via #oncetravel for a chance to get featured on our Social media. Looking forward to seeing you in the dark!
Enjoy your weekend guys,