This program takes underprivileged children off the streets and teaches them valuable life lessons in the form of sports, adventure activities, teamwork and educational classes. Please inquire directly for more details.
• Dormitory style accommodation for 1 night during orientation (on arrival date)
• 4 Star backpackers dormitory accommodation or Volunteer House at project close to the beach MEALS
• Breakfast and Dinner while on Programme are included except during Orientation
• Welcome BBQ on arrival at project accommodation
• Tea and coffee will be available daily TRANSPORT
• Drop off on day of orientation at project accommodation
• Transfers to schools and projects
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Pre-placement at a project and accommodation for the requested number of weeks
Arrival orientation will include the following:
• Airport transfer from the airport to the SASTS Volunteer House
• Transfer to SASTS Office for orientation
• Orientation Programme, including Welcome Session and Orientation Session
• The full support of the partner organisation, SASTS, while on the program
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR & ACTIVITIES INSTRUCTOR
• Weekly meetings for problem-solving and group discussions
• Surf lessons (+/- 2 times a week) available and Activities Guide will be available as per program timetable.
• The volunteer’s mornings are either spent learning to surf, helping in a School or Daycare or relaxing on the beach and the Afternoons are spent with the kids teaching activities such as beach days, surfing, swimming, hikes up the mountain, visits to the museum etc.
• Children are aged 7-14 or 1-6 years and working hours generally 9am-3pm
* Holiday program in place during School holidays with children aged 0-16 years.
The program includes educare, settlement projects or sports development. The program
includes sports days, game days, outings to the beach or pools, etc.
Working hours are generally 8am - 2 pm
Helping those kids in second grade was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. It was an experience which I will never forget nor will I forget about any of the amazing people I've met, like the other volunteers, my host family, the teachers and the kids. I also had some great weekends in Cape Town, partying & sightseeing with the other volunteers. It was a life changing experience!
Thank you so much to all the people of SASTS for making my experience truly amazing! -
Hensbroek, Noord-holland, Netherlands